Red kuri squash and mushrooms risotto
I wanna do it!
I did it, Yummy !
Hover icons above for more information.
The advice : We can also user another type of pumpkin but the red kuri squash is way better in this recipe.
Seasons are given for information only. Some fruits and vegetables can often extend their seasonality, depending on varietals and localities, inquire.
- 2 and 1/2 cups of rice for risotto
- 2 shallots
- Olive oil
- Thyme, salt and pepper
- 1/8 lbs of parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of water
- 4/5 cups of white wine
- 1/2 red kuri squash
- 1/3 lbs of mushrooms
- Cut the squash in 2, empty its seeds and cut it into small dices. If not organic, you will have to remove its skin.
- Steam the pumpkin dices during 10/15 minutes : they shouldn't be too much cooked.
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Chop finely shallots and brown them in a pan with some olive oil.
- After 5 minutes, add the rice in the pan (you can add a little bit of olive oil if necessary)
- When rice is transparent, add half of the white wine and reduce the baking. When the wine is completely absorbed, add the end of the wine.
- Add mushrooms in the pan and 1 glass of boiled water and the thyme.
- Every time the baked water is absorbed, add another glass of boiled water until the risotto is cooked (around 30 minutes).
- At the end of the cooked, add pumpkin dices. Add salt and pepper.
- Just before serving the risotto, add parmesan cheese.
You enjoyed this recipe, I give you more :
Stuffed mushrooms with goat cheese and garlic
Red kuri squash crumble
Corsican vegetables risotto
Write your comment
Be careful, you must have an account and be connected to post a comment
Say what you think about the recipe, the improvement you made ant others.