Small apple tatin
I wanna do it!
I did it, Yummy !
Hover icons above for more information.
The advice : You can serve these fabulous apple tatin with vanilla ice cream or with home-made chantilly cream
Seasons are given for information only. Some fruits and vegetables can often extend their seasonality, depending on varietals and localities, inquire.
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 sweet shortcut pastry
- 2/5 cup of water
- 7 apples
- Peel apples, cut them into 8 and cook them in a saucepan for 20 minutes. Apples should be meltingly soft.
- Prepare the caramel : heat in a saucepan water and sugar until you got a gold color. Stop heating and put the caramel into the 5 or 6 baking pan.
- Put apple quarters into the caramel by squeezing them (more there is apple, the better it is)
- Cut 5 circle with the size of your baking pan in the shortcrust pastry and put the pastry in the apple.
- Bake the small pie for 20/25 minutes at 180°C/356°F. The dough should be gold.
- Turn out tartelettes and serve them.
You enjoyed this recipe, I give you more :
Apple and crumble muffins
Caramelized onions tatin tartlets
Apple salad with walnuts and roquefort
Write your comment
Be careful, you must have an account and be connected to post a comment
Say what you think about the recipe, the improvement you made ant others.