Small apple tatin
I wanna do it!
I did it, Yummy !
Hover icons above for more information.
The advice : You can serve these fabulous apple tatin with vanilla ice cream or with home-made chantilly cream
Seasons are given for information only. Some fruits and vegetables can often extend their seasonality, depending on varietals and localities, inquire.
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 sweet shortcut pastry
- 2/5 cup of water
- 7 apples
- Peel apples, cut them into 8 and cook them in a saucepan for 20 minutes. Apples should be meltingly soft.
- Prepare the caramel : heat in a saucepan water and sugar until you got a gold color. Stop heating and put the caramel into the 5 or 6 baking pan.
- Put apple quarters into the caramel by squeezing them (more there is apple, the better it is)
- Cut 5 circle with the size of your baking pan in the shortcrust pastry and put the pastry in the apple.
- Bake the small pie for 20/25 minutes at 180°C/356°F. The dough should be gold.
- Turn out tartelettes and serve them.
You enjoyed this recipe, I give you more :
Apple salad with walnuts and roquefort
Apple and crumble muffins
Eggplants pie Tatin style
Apple and cinnamon compote
Write your comment
Be careful, you must have an account and be connected to post a comment
Say what you think about the recipe, the improvement you made ant others.